Are you looking for the best toddler tablet for your little one? If so, keep reading for my top recommendations.
If you’re in the market for a toddler tablet, you might be wondering which tablet is the best to give your little one! A toddler tablet is an important gift, and it’s often your toddler’s first step into using technology. Because it’s such an important gift (whether it’s for their birthday, Christmas, or just because!) I wanted to help ensure you chose the best possible toddler tablet out there!
Here’s my list of the best toddler tablets out there at the moment!
LeapFrog Epic Academy Edition
This toddler tablet is widely regarded as the BEST choice for toddlers. It’s mainly an educational tablet for toddlers, and it comes jam packed with games, tasks and features that are fun, but also encourage learning and development. LeapFrog toddler tablets are also geared towards kids, that’s who they’re designed for – so they work incredibly well. Some features of the LeapFrof Epic Academy Edition include:
- 3-month free trial of LeapFrog Academy. This means your toddler gets access to LeapFrog’s interactive learning program which takes them on loads of different learning experiences.
- Dual cameras for pictures and videos! Toddlers will absolutely love this feature!
- The ability to use the toddler tablet with or without WiFi. So you can use the tablet at home, or when you’re out and about (where WiFi isn’t available). For this reason it’s a great choice for planes and car journeys!
- You’ll get access to the LeapFrog Learning Library, which covers all sorts of topics, like art, maths an language.
- The parental controls on the LeapFrog toddler tablet let you set time limits and add Android apps to the device – meaning you have lots of control.
- It’s one of the only toddler tablet to have a customizable home screen – which lets your children get even more creative and make their own learning environment.
- It has a removable case which protects against bumps, drops and breaking. Perfect for toddlers!
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultimate Ready for School Tablet
Another brilliant toddler tablet from Leapfrog, this is another great choice, at a slightly lower budget. This is a great choice for your toddler and it’s a tablet that provides a lot of the same education features as the more advanced option below. Here are something that make this particular LeapFrog notable:
- It features a great sized 7″ Shatter-safe screen
- There is a multi-touch screen so your toddler gets to experience the ‘touch screen’ concept on this toddler tablet
- A built-in bumper around the edges for durability and protection against clumsy toddler hands
- Access to the LeapFrog library and software with amazing educational games, characters and technology
- Rechargeable battery, AC adapter & USB cord
- Music player including 10 songs
Apple iPad Mini
Next on my list of toddler tablets, it’s the Apple iPad. If you’re looking for more of a traditional toddler tablet, then honestly, you can’t go wrong with the iPad. It’s expensive (of course) but you’re teaching your children with some of the best software and hardware on the market. It may seem a bit overkill buying your toddler a tablet that costs $300+ but honestly, these things are sturdy, they’ll last a few years, and you’ll be able to access all the apps and videos you could possible want.
I think, in terms of versatility and flexibility – this is one of the best toddler tablet out there. You can get them relatively cheaply now on Amazon, and if it’s going to be keeping your toddler entertained well into their school year, it’s worth every penny. Apple iPads are fantastic for road trips, plane journeys, holiday, restaurants – and there is a such a variety of activities available on them, your toddler will never get bored. Here are some features:
- 8MP back camera, 1. 2MP FaceTime HD front camera
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Access to 1000’s of apps across all different educational and game niches (there is so much selection)
- You can also use it (so it has double use)
- Lots of security controls available, and kid-safe option in the the settings are available too
- Password protected (so the kids can only use it when you want them to)
- You can buy an add-on keyboard for when your toddler gets older, and wants to try typing
Top tip! If you do opt for an iPad (I highly recommend them) it’s worth spending an extra $10-$20 on a kid-friendly tablet holder to make sure it’s extra protected. These fun cases also make the iPad more sturdy, colorful and fun too, making them the perfect toddler tablet.
Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet
Next on my list of toddler tablets, it’s the Amazon Fire tablet. The Amazon Fire HD Tablet is a great option for a toddler tablet, especially if you need something a little cheaper than the iPad. It’s the same kind of size and style as the iPad mini, and the screen quality is great too. If you mainly plan on letting your toddler play games and watch videos, this is a perfectly good options, and at less than half the price of the iPad mini, it’s a great budget option for a toddler tablet.
The apps you can download won’t be quite as varied as on the Apple iPad, but if you’re not after too many apps and games, then you’ll find this a perfectly good option, at a fantastic price. Here are some of the features:
- Fire HD 8 gives you up to 10 hours of battery life – so plenty of entertainment time
- Fast and responsive tablet, perfect for toddlers with quick fingers
- A bright colorful screen
- Your toddler will be able to watch all their favourite cartoons on Prime Video, Netflix Kids and Disney+
- Over 20,000 kid-friendly titles with FreeTime Unlimited